Biological Age Calculator
PhenoAge is an algorithm that estimates the biological age of a person with specified biometrics. Biological age may be higher or lower than chronological age, or the length of time that a person has lived, thereby suggesting a relatively faster or slower rate of aging. The algorithm is based on the work of bioscientist Morgan Levine and collaborators, including Steve Horvath. It's the most cost-effective open-source science to calculate biological age.
Below, Thrivous provides a free biological age calculator based on the PhenoAge algorithm. To use it, all you need are some biometrics from standard blood tests, available via your physician or local lab. If you don't already have the required biometrics, you may use the Thrivous Clock service to collect them. We also provide a free chronological age calculator, in case that's what you're looking for.
Thrivous recommends collecting biometrics and running a biological age calculation on a regular basis, as often as once every six months. A single calculation only gives you a snapshot in time. Regular calculations can help you get a sense for the rate at which your biological age is changing. And they may also help you assess the efficacy of any changes that you make to your lifestyle.
Considerable scientific evidence combines to characterize lifestyles that promote healthy longevity. In general terms, those lifestyles include regular exercise, adequate sleep, stress management, and loving relationships. Proper nutrition, which dietary supplements can enhance, is also an essential characteristic. Thrivous recommends that you remain in consultation with your physician as you make lifestyle changes.
Use the form below to calculate an estimated biological age for a person with specified biometrics. All of the fields are required. After completing the form, click the "Calculate" button. Thrivous will run the PhenoAge calculation and return results immediately.
Now that you know your biological age, it's time to take action. Thrivous recommends the following to improve your health and longevity:
- Get adequate sleep. Sleep is essential for health and longevity. It's when your body repairs and rejuvenates itself. Thrivous recommends 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is essential for health and longevity. It's when your body strengthens and improves itself. Thrivous recommends at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day.
- Eat a healthy diet. Nutrients provide your body what it needs to function properly. Thrivous recommends the Mediterranean diet, along with plenty of protein and intermittent fasting.
- Take geroprotector supplements. Geroprotectors support healthy aging and promote life extension. For the best science and dependable quality, Thrivous recommends Geroprotector Stack.
- Monitor your biological age. Regular measurement is a prerequisite to continual improvement. To make it easy, Thrivous recommends a subscription to Thrivous Clock.
Thrivous occasionally aggregates and publishes Thrivous Clock data for customers who have used our geroprotector supplements for extended periods of time. In 2023, for Thrivous customers who had used the full Thrivous Stack daily for at least 4 years, biological ages averaged 10.21 years younger than chronological ages. For more information, read about how Thrivous founders Dorothée and Lincoln Cannon aged backwards.